Thursday 3 October 2013

Growth hormone dosing + fat loss stacked with zero carb

I think I have found the sweet-spot for growth hormone dosing, 2ui ( of high quality version ) taken in the morning before any food seems to yield very good body re-composition results but at the same time doesnt result in it being overly expensive. Basically its a good balance between cost and results.

There are other options for increased GH, like GHRP2 + mod grf 1-29, this causes a spike in natural growth hormone produced by the body which has more isoforms than exogenous GH, this option is also much much cheaper but has a few side effects, GHRP2 can cause increased hunger and increased cortisol.

Anyway , GH combined with zero carb produces amazing fat loss. In the last 3 weeks I dropped 5cm on my waist and I can feel how much lighter I am walking around.  Ive had a few cheat days in those 3 weeks but on the whole ive been 75% zero carb for that duration. GH is associated with insulin resistance and in particular probably induces insulin resistance in adipocytes ( link ), no doubt this is how it helps you lose body fat.

Ive had to stop the melanotan II, a few people have made comments on how dark my face has gotten compared to the rest of my body. Basically because I spent all summer only exposing my face and neck to the sun, these body parts have become exceptionally dark tanned, while the rest of my body has only darkened a little. oh well, now I have wait a few months for the colors on my face/body to equalize before I can consider doing this again. Make a note, Melanotan II doesnt work so well without atleast *some* kind of UV exposure.

I also tried Ipamorelin which was quite interesting. Its another growth hormone secretagogue although its not as potent as GHRP2, it has way less side affects. However the reason I tried this peptide was because of various anecdotal reports on bodybuilding forums of it improving sleep. I took 100mcg 1 hour or so before bed and I can confirm that sleep is improved, the sleep is deeper and you feel more refreshed in the morning.

I have a sketchy theory as to how or why this might help sleep.

Ipam is a ghrelin mimetic, and ghrelin is a slow-wave sleep promotor. In particular, I can remember something quite odd back from this study which looked at 24hr ghrelin levels in obese vs lean subjects. As we all know, obesity is associated with poor sleep. Although the arrow of causation is still tricky. Which causes which? Anyway the most peculiar thing about this study was that at night during sleep, the lean subjects exhibited a large increase in ghrelin, while the obese subjects did not.

See here.......



The bolded black part on the bottom x-axis is the period where the subjects are sleeping and as you can see, the difference between lean and obese is quite startling. *Could* this be why obesity is associated with poor sleep? Either way, I can confirm that Ipam does help with sleep. Im not saying its a cure of insomnia, It doesnt even make you drowsy, but it does seem to help with deeper sleep once sleep comes on.

I think that, if your a bad sleeper, then you really need to try EVERYTHING to resolve this, sleep is probably THE most important thing when it comes to being in good health, It doesnt matter how perfect your lifestyle, diet, or anything else is, a bad nights sleep will trump ALL OF THAT and make you feel like shit.












7 comments:

  1. I think the relationship between obesity and sleep is that the obese are likely to have insulin resistance and upper body obesity which promotes obstructive sleep apnea. Insulin resistance also seems more related to leptin signalling problems which promote sleep apnea. The lack of nocturnal ghrelin in obesity is related to inappropriate hyperinsulinemia, however (lack of leptin signalling = chronic unsuppressed high levels of ghrelin).

    Ghrelin follows body fat use; the lack of ghrelin in obesity represents inappropriate insulin during fasting.

    When I was obese I had no problems sleeping, I slept about 12 hrs every day secondary to my depression. My sleeping was very dysregulated in that I was night inclined and my circadian clock seemed to err later and later but otherwise I was chronically tired and slept lots.

    When I was starving myself I actually observed I would develop apnea if I were to lie down; I think this is because my body was conserving so much energy because I was eating so little combined with severe leptin insufficiency. It wasnt obstructive as I was bones more or less, which only goes to show apnea is mostly CNS leptin mediated and not as much airway obstruction by fatty tissue as conventionally thought. I suspect sleep apnea is very specific for leptin signalling deficits and pathological states.

    Also, when I woke in the morning, my heart would race because it could not keep up with the suddenly increased cardiac demands of waking. Starvation is so great isn't it? I need to immediately give up my high calorie ketogenic diet to eat low fat potatoes right away because everyone knows carbs prevent starvation, even if you eat 1000 calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was suffering from sleep apnea and snoring quite badly until a few weeks ago, All I know is that there appears to be a very strong association between visceral fat and sleep apnea, anyway, 3 weeks of zero carb has dramatically improved my snoring and sleep apnea. They aint gone completely, but there has been marked improvement.

      MY feeling was that sleep apnea might be caused by fatty deposits in the neck area which would presumably be an extension of the visceral fat from the abdomen. Well, whatever the cause is, I can certainly say zero carb offers therapeutic treatment.

      Delete
  2. I wonder why does such a big difference between obese and normal weigh people starts approximately at 6 or 7 pm? I don't know which category I belong now with BMI 27. I know that eating after 7 pm is not a good idea for me if I don't want to gain weigh, even though many LCarbers claim that skipping evening eating is complete BS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the divergence in ghrelin starts to happen shortly after lunch, it seems, ( the black arrows at the top of the graph indicate breakfast, lunch, dinner etc )

    I have to say im quite stumped as to why this might be happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like after a meal at approximately 5 pm (whatever it was late lunch or early diner) the ghrelin levels went into different phases for obese and normal weight people - on the rise for the obese, and dropping for the normal weight people, also the obese group managed to avoid the night spike in ghreline which normal weight people experienced.
      It is easy to observe that obese and normal weight people react differently on food, the graph made me wonder, is such difference in ghrelin levels the function of their fat amount, or just the natural difference which led to the difference in their body composition.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GHRP 2 has demonstrated that it is very effective at stimulating GH production in test subjects.
    buy peptides

    ReplyDelete